Thursday, September 17, 2015

The 4 Pillars of Wealth: Oh no, I've been making other people rich!

Dane's Four Pillars of Wealth are pretty simple, but brilliant stuff. You need to create a business that has:
  1. Automated Sales: Set up an automated sales process so that customers can buy without requiring my time and effort. Love this. I can be at the beach and making a sale!
  2. Consistent, recurring revenue: It's just as hard to sell a product as it is to sell a subscription.  The difference is that a subscription pays you over & over again. A product pays you only once. 
  3. Sell a re-producible product, or tool, instead of providing a service: Again, this goes back to breaking that fundamental trade of time for money.  I want to stop thinking of my value in terms of dollars per hour, and instead think in terms of value for the product I provide.
  4. No accounts receivable: Get paid in advance. Sounds great, but he didn't explain this one.  Hopefully we'll learn more about it later. 
 As applied to Software as a Service, he positions this as a surefire path to success.

So do I buy it? Do I think this process can work?

Hell yes.

I spent the last 6 years working for a company that has grown to nearly $200 million in annual revenue following this model.  They're currently at 600+ employees and showing no signs of stopping.  They have consistent recurring revenue, and high customer lifetime value.  I helped them build that successful business, so I saw it from the inside out.


And there's the rub.

I spent 6 years of MY life helping someone else build the software company of THEIR dreams.

It's time to do this for myself. 

Are you ready too?






No comments:

Post a Comment